Timetrip to Big Bang and Back
U:, eˉlektron & Mikk-Mait Kivi / Udo Kasemets
U:, eˉlektron & Mikk-Mait Kivi / Udo Kasemets “Timetrip to Big Bang and Back” at Kanuti Gildi SAAL!
- Musicians:Ansambel U˸ (Tarmo Johannes, Helena Tuuling, Merje Roomere, Levi-Danel Mägila, Taavi Kerikmäe, Vambola Krigul)
- AR-solution:Tarmo Johannes (U˸), Kristjan Jansen (eˉlektron)
- Visual artist:Mikk-Mait Kivi
- Software operator:Tarmo Johannes
- Instrument builders:Hans Gunter Lock, Vambola Krigul, Levi-Danel Mägila
- Sound effects:Taavi Kerikmäe
- Light design:Hannes Einpaul
- Producers:U˸, eˉlektron
- Thank you to collegues from Canada for their advice and moral support:Gayle Young, Susan Layard, Richard Sacks, Elma Miller
- First performance:27.08.2022 Tartu Interdistsiplinaar
U: is an ensemble creating pieces that belong to the classics of modern music as well as experimental compositions. They are known for sensitive sound image, openness to bold experimental ideas, and playing demanding performances without a conductor.
At Tartu Insterdisciplinaar U: presents a part of Udo Kasemets' monumental multimedia work "Timetrip to Big Bang and Back" in cooperation with eˉlektron. The viewers are also included in the making of this unique concert-performanc as one can use augmented reality to bring space and astronomical objects located thousands of light years away to the concert hall.
Estonian-Canadian composer Udo Kasemets saw music as one of man's attempts to understand the universe.“Timetrip to Big Bang and Back” puts the structures of the universe into scores as U: and eˉlektron, make them partially visible again with the help of augmented reality and other visual means, as well as bring enchanting music to the festival.
In adition two special instruments will be played - Columbine and Amaranth, which are built specially for the performance according to the instructions of Gayle Young [CA], the author of the instruments.